Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog Post

OUTLINE

Name: Jessica Thompson
Age: 22
Year: Junior at USA
Major: Elementary Education
Activities: I love sports
Family: Mom-Wendy, Dad-Kevin, Brother-Justin
Animals: 4 dogs 5 horses and some chicken
I want to enter the field of education because it has always been the one thing that I always wanted to do.
The job of and educator entails a lot of responsibilities especially when it comes to the care of young children and so much more.

About me


My name is Jessica Thompson. I was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi but grew up in Gautier, Mississippi. I went to Gautier High School and graduated in 2010. While in high school I played almost every sport I could. I played soccer, volleyball, basketball, and took dance. My favorite sport was probably Soccer. I have played soccer since I was in the second grade and still play till this day. Once I graduated high school I went straight to Mississippi State University. I was there for a year and did not really like the atmosphere so I went to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Gautier, Mississippi.
Now I am at USA and so far I love all my classes but this is only the fourth day. My major is Elementary Education. Ever since I was little I was always teaching my little brother or teaching an imaginary class. I knew that I always wanted to become a teacher when I got to college. Everyone would always tell me that I shouldn't become a teacher because they do not make any money. When I finally got to college I actually listened to everyone else and went for accounting instead of education and for my major and I hated it. Now my dream is to start out teaching at the elementary stage and eventually getting my masters and Ph.D. that way I can teach at a college level one day. My family is a big part of my life and I would not be here today if it was not for them. I have a mom and dad who is married and one brother. My family also consist of a lot of animals. I have 4 dogs named Lola, Layla, Roxy, and Lucky. Then I have 5 horses named April, Soco, Misty, Henry, and Liza.






Photo by Wendy Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment